There is a “Student Union” consisting of members from student community elected from all years of B. Pharm. The elections are held regularly at the beginning of each academic year.
The Student Union serves as the principal student programming organization at DPC. The Student Union is responsible for providing a balanced programme of social, religious, recreational, and cultural activities for the College aiming to make free time activity a co-operative facet with study. The Students Union helps also to maintain close links between the College administration, staff, and the students, links which are essential for efficient functioning of the College.
Student Union Election Procedure
The Student Union elections are held in each academic year according to the rules and regulations framed by the College administration the following in the procedure for election:
- Administration of the College undertakes issuing of the decision about the formation of a Student Union Election Committee in a certain time period, which should be within two weeks from the beginning of the new academic year.
- This Election Committee holds free and fair elections to select the Union Board and all other office bearers.
- Any student of the College nominates herself for only one position in the Union Board.
- After casting of the votes by the students, the counting of the votes is done publicly and the invalid votes are cancelled.
- The results of the election are announced on the same day of the election.
- The Union positions could be occupied uncontested.
- The proportional representation of the College students, in the Union should be taken into consideration.
- The period of the elected Student Union Board is only one academic year.
Working rules for Student Union Board
1. The Student Union Board has the following members:
- Secretary General.
- Heads of College Clubs (Science Club-Drama Club-Writing Club-Book Club-Art Club-Media Club-Ehsaan:Charity Club)
2. The meetings of the Union Board are held minimum two times in each academic year according to the President’s request and this is done by the co-ordination of Secretary General or according to the request of the one third of the Board Members
3. During the meeting the duties of each Board Member are discussed and all suggestions, recommendations and decisions of the Board are written and published.
4. In each meeting the Board Members review the execution of the decisions taken in previous meetings.
5. The Union Board approves and allocates specified fund for different Union activities and forward it to the College administration for its provision.
Responsibilities of the Student Union Board Members
1) PresidentThe responsibilities of the President are:
- To direct the meetings of the Student Union Board.
- To allocate the duties of the Board members and to call for the meeting of the Board in collaboration with the Secretary General.
- To undertake the execution of the Union Board decisions in cooperation with the Secretary General.
- To undertake the payment of bills for expenditure in conducting Union activities from the approved fund in co-operation with the Treasurer.
2) Vice-PresidentThe responsibilities of the Vice-President are:
- To substitute for the President in her absence.
- To assist the President in her work.
3) Secretary GeneralThe responsibilities of the Secretary General are:
- To appoint Incharge for different Union Committees.
- To co-ordinate with the activities of different Union Committees.
- To implement the suggestions given by the students to activate the Union Committees.
- To be responsible for execution of all the decisions of the Union Board.
- To organize and co-ordinate the activities between the two Colleges (DMCG and DPC).
- To keep all the documents of the Union Board and be responsible for writing and distribution of the minutes of the Union Board and Union Committee meetings.
4) Various College Clubs for Students
i. In-charge, Science ClubThe responsibilities are:
- To arrange scientific functions, symposiums and seminars in the College.
- To arrange scientific quiz, competitions and meetings in between the students of both Colleges (DMCG and DPC).
- To encourage scientific related events promoting health awareness like sports day, health day etc.
- To encourage the members in the field of science and improve their abilities in experimental pharmaceutical work
ii. In-charge, Drama ClubThe responsibilities are:
- To encourage active participation of all members in showcase their talents.
- To improve knowledge in other fields other than pharmacy.
iii. In-charge, Writing ClubThe responsibilities are:
- To improve writing skills of students and organize literature related events in Arabic and English.
- To initiate debates among members.
iv. In-charge, Book ClubThe responsibilities are:
- To encourage all members to increase knowledge by inculcating a habit of reading.
- To improve knowledge in other fields other than pharmacy.
iv. In-charge, Art ClubThe responsibilities are:
- To encourage all members participate in talent shows organized in the college.
- To organize events held in the college.
- To prepare brochures, notices and posters for highlighting different activities in the College.
- To publish articles for wall magazine and College magazine giving all information about Union activities.
iv. In-charge, Media ClubThe responsibilities are:
- To prepare along with the Art club brochures, notices and posters for highlighting different activities in the College.
- To publish all activities on the college social media giving all information about Union activities.
- To interact with other Colleges and exchange information with them.
- To make propaganda about the College status by writing in newspapers and magazines published in Dubai and U.A.E.
iv. In-charge, Ehsaan ClubThe responsibilities are:
- To arrange all religious and cultural functions in the College.
- Implant the love of Islam and Sunnah among students.
- Arrange theme based days in the college like Arabic Day, Laborers Day etc.